Trying to import an XML backup into Confluence, we might have the below issue:
Couldn't find the specific steps to reproduce it but certain XML backups have this issue. This has including been documented here:
The entities.xml file, and can be fixed by
- Unzip the export zip file
- Run the below command on the entities.xml file:
- Zip up the contents, making sure the root directory has entities.xml
For Windows Users falling into the 0xFFFF problem - The Perl script and the .JAR File doesn't work for Windows, I couldn't understand the reason yet, however, I created a Power Shell script to fix it. Just run it in the Power Shell ISE or save it as a .PS file and execute it through PS. Here's the script:
- Don't forget to change the path of the yourfile entry below to have the PS script picking up the file from the correct place.
- Don't forget to change the path of the output file below to have the PS script saving the clean file in the correct place.