This ticket is being opened as a possible regression of this case:
On certain PDF files that contains graphics, the JVM crashes when you try to set a PDF View File Macro to view the file, exactly as the bug noted above.
This was tested on Confluence 5.1.5 and 5.7, using the JDK 1.7.0_75 and JDK 1.8.0_40.
- Upgrade to Confluence 5.7
- Disable the viewpdf macro:
- Go to Confluence Admin > Manage Add ons
- Select System add ons from the drop down
- Search for Office Connector
- Expand the modules
- Disable the viewpdf and viewpdf-legacy modules
- Now you will be able to view the page without it crashing
- Edit the page and use the new Files thumbnail viewer to display the file, by going to Insert > Files and Attachments, and selecting the PDF
- For more information see 'Displaying a file as a thumbnail or a link' here
- Re-enable the viewpdf and viewpdf-legacy modules of the Office Connector if desired