Complete themes can be created and applied to an individual Confluence space, but it requires a moderate to large amount of time and technical knowledge to do so. Confluence would benefit from a way to quickly and easily "brand" a space visually.
I've attached a mockup showing some early thinking we've done. This is not final, but does show you one of our current ideas about how this could work.
You'd be able to:
- Apply a banner across the top of the Space Homepage
- Have it shown in a stylised view at the top of the sidebar
- Have the option to turn the Space avatar off completely in the sidebar
As you can see, this gives plenty of room to put much richer branding across the space.
We'd love to get general feedback on how useful this would be overall and to answer some specific questions:
- Would you like to see the banner on all pages in the space, or just the home page?
- Is the opaque stylised treatment applied to the banner acceptable to those with branding guidelines to meet?
- Would you want to keep the space name or have it turn off along with the space logo?