When installing Confluence using JIRA as the user directory, it gets stuck at the "Load users and groups from JIRA" screen. The "Next" button is greyed out and can't continue with the installation.
- Install Confluence as normal
- When doing the setup wizard on first start, select to use JIRA as the user directory
- Observe the error
Since this is only for a fresh install, you can work around it by:
- Stop Confluence
- Remove all data from the database and home directory
- Install Confluence using local users and groups, not JIRA
- After installing Confluence, then follow the directions at Connecting to Crowd or JIRA for User Management
- Right click the "Next" button and go to "Inspect Element"
- Remove the disabled="disabled" section
- The Next button became clickable