Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 5.4.1, 5.4.2
Fix Version/s: 5.0.1
Tested and occurs on Confluence 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.1 and JIRA 5.1.1.
Tested and does not occur on Confluence 4.3.0
Bug Fix Policy:
- Install Confluence 4.3.3
- Run through the setup wizard and select JIRA for User Management
- Enter your JIRA server credentials
- The page will not move forward, the next button is greyed out, and you will see this error in the logs:
where <admin> is the admin user in JIRA, and does exist.
See the attached log for the full stack trace and errors.
NB: A similar error occurred in Confluence 4.3.2, but the error in the logs is this:
Sometimes there is no error, but the page hangs at
The last line in the logs is:
Again see the attached 4.3.2 log for full error and stack trace.
- Clean the Confluence install by backing up and removing the contents of <confluence-home>, and backing up the database.
- Run the installation again
- Select to Continue and Overwrite Existing Data in the database, and continue
- Instead of choosing JIRA for User Management, select to Manage Users and Groups Within Confluence
- Create an admin account
- Once you are into Confluence, set up JIRA as a User Directory by following these instructions