Disabling the Workbox plugins will leads to "No macro metadata" warning (screenshot) when trying to use the JIRA Issue Macro. You can also reproduce the problem if the In-app Notifications is disabled.
This is better explained in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/No+Macro+Metadata+When+Trying+To+Insert+JIRA+Issue+Macro
- Disable all three workbox plugins OR disable the In-app Notifications
- Create new page and try to use JIRA Issue macro - Warning on no macro metadata
- Enable back all three workbox plugins
- Create new page and try to use JIRA issue macro - Works properly
JIRA Issue Macro should continue to work properly even when the Workbox plugins are disabled. Other plugins should not interfere with another when it is disabled.
The workaround is to enable back all the Workbox plugins by sequence
- Enable the Notifications and Tasks - Common Plugin
- Enable the Notifications and Tasks - Host Plugin
- Enable the Notifications and Tasks - Confluence Provider Plugin