- Edit a page
- Take a "Printscreen" or use Windows' "Snippet Tool" to saved your screen to clipboard
- Use "CTRL + V" to attach it into the page
- Confluence will attach the image file from the clipboard to the page
- Ensure there are multiple attachment on the page
- Saved the page
- Go to attachment menu from the "Tools" button
- Click "Download All" button
- Confluence will throw the following ERROR
User should be able to download the zipped attachments
Users does not able to download the attachments and thrown an ERROR page instead. Judging from the stack trace, it seems that Confluence unable to find the temp file generated by the function.
This problem is caused because the filename contains a colon (':') which is not a character allowed in a filename according to MS Windows documentation. Due to the invalid name, Confluence is not able to create the file in the temp folder to generate the ZIP file.
This bug appears only when Confluence is running on Windows.