When using a JIRA user directory, Confluence creates a USERINFO in the table content for all users, whether they have permissions to use Confluence or not. Only users with have (or may be had) can use permission should have a profile Confluence.
If you have a big user base in JIRA and only a few have the right to use Confluence, this can be annoying as all users will appear in the people directory or in mentions.
- Shutdown Confluence.
- In your database server, run the following query to identify the id of your JIRA user directory:
- Start Confluence
- Long in to Confluence and rebuild your search index:
- Go to Browse > Confluence Admin.
- Click on Content Indexing on the left-hand side menu, under the heading Administration.
- Click on Rebuild in your Search Index panel.