4.0, 4.1, 5.1.3, 5.6.6, 5.8.18, 5.9.3, 5.9.7
SuSE Linux Enterprise 11.0
Firefox 9 OR Internet Explorer 8
Severity 3 - Minor
Unable to Download All attachments in Confluence caused by image files named imageYYYY-M-D h:m:s.png.
- Take an image to clipboard clipboard by either:
- Take a "Printscreen"
- or use Windows' "Snippet Tool" to saved your screen to clipboard
- Use "CTRL + V" to attach it into a Confluence page
- The editor creates an attached image file named imageYYYY-M-D h:m:s.png
- Go to Page Tools > Attachments > Download All
All attachments are downloaded
Confluence will throw the following ERROR
as the colon is a special character which is prohibited in Windows file names.
- It would be better to avoid this problem by removing colons from the pasted images. Perhaps with the format:
- additionally give the admin the possibility to change the naming scheme in the settings.
The only workaround is to edit the properties of the attachment and remove the colons.