Severity 3 - Minor
<User> doesn't have access error message displayed for JSM portal customers when accessing Confluence KB space with unlicensed access enabled
Steps to Reproduce
- From a JSM project: Project settings->Knowledge Base, link a KB space with Restricted access. This enables all logged-in users (for this JSM project) to view articles in the space, without a Confluence license.
- Add a customer to the JSM project. Ensure this customer is on an Atlassian account and does not have any Confluence access.
- Open an Incognito browser session and directly access any unrestricted page in the KB space.
- On the login screen, enter the customer account credentials and continue. The following error message is displayed:
- When you re-enter the URL, the KB page is displayed without any error.
- The page should be displayed immediately after entering the customer's account credentials.
- The "No access" error message is displayed after entering the customer's account credentials. To display the page, you need to re-enter the URL and press enter. Subsequent page accesses on this browser session work without any errors.
- Re-enter the URL and press enter to access the page.
- is related to
CONFCLOUD-30161 Allow unlicensed, authenticated users to have anonymous read only access
- is derived by