Both the Popular Labels and Labels List macros will include results for deleted pages. This means that labels on deleted pages will show in this macro, even if the label isn't on any active pages.
- Create a new space (starting in a clean space makes it easier to populate the "Popular macros" table
- On a new page, insert a Popular Labels and a Labels Page macro.
- In the settings of both macros, restrict the results to the current space key.
- Save the page.
- Create another new page, then give it a label.
- Delete the new labelled page
The macros will not show labels that are only on deleted pages.
The macros still show labels that are on the deleted page.
In order to remove the labels, you can purge the pages from the space trash.