When existing pages contained MS Office files and PDFs uploaded and displayed as links in the page. Clicking these links would previously open a preview of the file content in the browser. Once the page is "converted" not to the new mode, clicking these links will only download the Office files and PDFs rather than preview them.
Adding a new MS Office file as an attachment to a fabric editor page will only display a grey box. No choice to display as a thumbnail or as a link. Clicking the attached Office file will display the file in preview mode, but there is no longer an option to edit the file through Atlassian Companion browser app.
- Create a page with Old editor. Upload a PDF and word files and display as a link
- Migrate the page to Fabric Editor
- Preview the file added in step 1
- Add a new word file to the page
- Click the file to preview and edit the Word file using the Atlassian Companion App.
- The MS Office files and PDFs uploaded and displayed as links in the old editor should be converted properly to the new editor. With the new editor, there should be an option to edit the MS Office Files using the Atlassian Companion App.
- No Preview option on MS Office files and PDFs that were added using the old editor
- No option to edit the MS Office files added using the new editor
- No workaround.