- Turn on collaborative editing
- Create a shortcut link with Insert > Link, select Advanced
- In the "Link" field type "atlassian@google", click Insert
- Save the page
- Hover over the new link, notice that it's pointing to http://www.google.com/search?q=atlassian
- Edit the page, then immediately click Update without any other changes
The link stays as-is (a Google search for "atlassian").
The link is changed to point to the same page the user is editing.
This does not happen when collaborative editing is turned off.