Sometimes when a user navigates to a page in Confluence with an anchor in the URL, the jump to the anchored text will sometimes pass the line of text the anchor is linked to.
Using different browsers has no impact, and this has been tested in both Server and Cloud.
1. Create a long page with an anchor in the middle of the page/content
2. Load page with normal url: http://instanceurl.atlassian.net/wiki/testpage
3. Do not scroll around on the page
4. Change URL in browser to the anchor URL: http://http://instanceurl.atlassian.net/wiki/display/space/testpage#testpage-anchor
5. Press enter
6. The jump to the anchor does not line up
7. If I press "enter" on the URL bar again, reloading the page (also without changing the scrolling) it misses again
8. If i press "enter" on the URL bar a third time, it loads to the correct spot
The behavior seems somewhat random and unpredictable, but it should be fairly easy to reproduce.
The anchor link should line up with the text tied to that anchor
The anchor sometimes jumps to an unexpected position on the page
No workaround at this time