NOTE: This bug report is for Confluence Cloud. Using Confluence Server? See the corresponding bug report.
The WebDAV Launcher Office Connector is not signed correctly and so does not install or run in Firefox 43.0 or greater. This is a recent change in Mozilla policy for extension signing.
- Firefox 43.0 or higher
- WebDAV Launcher 184.108.40.206-signed
- Windows, Linux or Mac
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to Help > About Firefox
- Make sure Firefox is version 43.0 or higher
- Uninstall the WebDav Launcher
- Go to a page with a Word document as an attachment
- Click on the Word document
- Click ... > Edit in Office
- Click Ok for the Download box
- Click Allow
The document should load in Word
The Firefox add-on is not added. If it is already added, it will not work. The Add-on shows
The add-on downloaded from this site could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt.
The WebDAV launcher is disabled with the message
WebDAV Launcher could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled.
This is a change in Firefox with Add-ons that are not signed correctly.
- Download the plugin directly from mozilla (using Chrome so it doesn't auto install) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/259818/webdav_launcher-1.0.8-fx.xpi
- Go to about:addons, then Cog Menu > Install Add-On from file and select the .xpi file
- Click Install on the pop-up box, then Restart
- Go the location bar and enter about:config
- Click I'll be careful, I promise!
- In the new Search field at the top enter xpinstall.signatures.required
- Double click the entry to make it false
You can also put this entry in user.js in the firefox profile directory
The plugin will now work.
- is related to
CONFCLOUD-25594 WebDAV launcher does not work with Mac / Firefox
CONFSERVER-40289 WebDAV Launcher Office Connector is broken in Firefox 43.0