The administration UI for Smart Mirrors does not work in certain cases when cookies (especially third party cookies) are blocked.
- Safari 9
- (Prerequisite) Have a Bitbucket Server Smart Mirror running and configured
- Go to <base_url>/plugins/servlet/admin/mirrors
- Attempt to add a project (or any other protected action)
The selected project is added and synchronized with the mirror.
The mirror's administration UI is served via an iFrame. It is possible to configure a browser not so send cookies for the iFrame. This is normally related to third-party cookie settings in browsers. This will break the admin UI as it expects a cookie to be sent to indicate that the user is logged in.
Safari, by default, and in contrast to other browsers, will not accept cookies from a domain in an iFrame (unless cookies already exist for that domain).
- Set Safari to always allow cookies
- Open Safari
- Open Preferences
- Click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Select 'Always allow' for 'Cookies and website data'
- Refresh the mirror administration page
- For more information see this Apple KB Article
- Use another browser to administer the mirror
Ensure that the following setting in Preferences > Privacy > History is not enabled. See the firefox documentation for details.
Ensure that the following setting in Preferences > Show Advanced Settings > Content Settings is not enabled. See the chrome documentation for details.