We have Pull Requests with multiple reviewers. Consider the following scenario that frequently occurs to us:
- Reviewer1 (R1) opens a Pull Request (PR)
- Reviewer2 (R2) opens the same PR
- R1 adds a comment to the PR
- While R2 is not aware of the comment that has just been added by R1, he adds his own comment, that is not aligned with the previous one
- The PR ends up with comments that are out of sync.
This does not facilitate the level of team collaboration we would like to achieve.
When R1 saves his comment, R2 should see an instant notification on his screen, that would prompt him to reload the page in order to see the change. This would be similar to Workbox Notifications in Confluence.
It would greatly improve the collaboration between different players involved in the Pull Requests.
Please, note that Bitbucket Server already uses similar real-time pop-up alert messages to notify the administrator about specific system issues, like the Base URL mismatch, or the license expiry approaching.