Japanese characters is garbled in diff view and cannot discard hunk/line with error.
- Windows 7 (SP1), SourceTree 220.127.116.11
- Windows 10, SourceTree 18.104.22.168 with Embedded Git 2.8.1
- Set ‘Default text encoding’ to ‘shift_jis’ in ST (Tools > Options)
- Create a file encoded with shift_is and commit it in local repo.
- Edit the file to change a few lines in Japanese.
- ST detects the changes and choose ‘Stage hunk’ (or ‘Stage line’)
- the characters are garbled in diff view
- Then choose ’Discard hunk’ (or ‘Discard line’, Error occurs saying that ‘git apply’ failed with code 1
The error is similar with
SRCTREEWIN-3810, but setting default encoding doesn’t resolve this problem.
Japanese characters should be shown correctly when specified default encoding.
Japanese characters is garbled and user cannot edit/commit files by hunk.