Status: Needs Triage (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 3.0.15
Fix Version/s: None
SourceTree 3.0.15 on Windows 10 64-bit
Embedded GIT: 2.18.0, git-lfs v2.2.4
System GIT: 2.19.0.windows.1
Symptom Severity:Severity 3 - Minor
Since I updated my SourceTree a while ago the "External Diff" is not working anymore. I do not remember the exact version it started to fail.
The internal diff shows the differences but I would like to use my installed WinMerge for diffs.
I checked the <HOME_DIR>\.gitconfig and it contains the following:
I opened the "Process Viewer" and executed the "External Diff" command. It reports
I stored the "Process Viewer" log to XML, copied out the GIT command line and executed in CMD.exe: it worked as expected and opened WinMerge.
I tried configuring the "External Diff/Merge" section in Tools -> Options using "WinMerge", "Custom" or any other tool: no change
I switched "GIT Version" to "System": no change
I updated the embedded GIT: no change
I switched off using "LibGit2 integration": no change