The spirit of Atlassian's best practices, "don't do it for the first time in Production" does not apply to the Cloud Migration Assistants. This is broken.
- Create a clone of the Prod Server/Data Center instance
- Set up a "Dev" Cloud instance
- Install *CMA in your Dev Server/DC instance and connect it to the Cloud Dev instance
- Identify a repeatable method of performing the migration
- Export the configuration from your Dev *CMA App
- Import the saved configuration in you Prod *CMA App
- Perform the migration in Production for real
We need items 5 and 6. This is the ability to save the configuration and migrate it to the Production system after a repeatable method of migration has been determined.