Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 5.6
Bug Fix Policy:
We are presently collecting feedback on our spike of multiple project support within GreenHopper. Current information can be found on
This is a spike that was developed with no formal structure or testing. We are trying to get an idea of what GreenHopper will look like with multiple projects. There will be bugs. We will throw all of this code away and we may not ever support multiple projects, there are no guarantees.
You can create an account on the customer sandbox and play around with the functionality. Some points to note are outlines below:
Current Functionality restrictions
- Individual projects can no longer be selected.
- The page title and project icon will not reflect the selected project.
- Shared versions will only appear if the all projects selected match the all projects the shared version exists in exactly.
- Within a selection of projects, only the Issue Type Scheme and Permission Scheme can be different.
- Existing versions with the same name will not be linked in Greenhopper, only shared versions created through GreenHopper will be linked.
- Selecting the scrum project template will no longer change the issue type scheme in the selected projects but will still change the other settings.
- 'On the fly' can no longer be selected as a context.
- To choose which projects to select, create a new context or manage/edit an existing one.
- Creating a version in GreenHopper will create a shared version across all of the selected projects.
- Ranking is now global, so changes in rank will affect all contexts. That means that every issue in JIRA has a relative rank to every other issue.
- All schemes, except for issue type and permission schemes, should be the same across all projects that are selected.
- Deleting or releasing versions that are part of a shared version through JIRA (ie, not through the GreenHopper interface) will is strongly discouraged. It will likely not work.
- Configurations selected through Tools>Configuration will now configure based on the selected context instead of project.