Currently if you disable an User Directory within JIRA, JSW removes any of those users from being a board admin. Re-enabling the directory does not restore the Admin privileges.
- This behaviour differs from JIRA core where disabled users are removed from project roles, but once the user is re-enabled, the project roles are also returned.
We expect consistency across user configurations. Currently Project Roles/Project lead get retained through a directory being disabled, so it is expected that Board Admins are also retained
Board Admins is removed, thus re-enabling the directory does not restore their admin status.
- Have JSW installed with JIRA using Crowd or LDAP
- Create Agile boards and set the external accounts as admin
- Disable the Crowd/LDAP user directory, but do not remove
- Re-enable the directory
- Check the boards, none of the users are listed as board admins
- Again, this behaviour differs from other JIRA behaviours
Examining the database, it looks like when users are disabled, this is detected by JIRA and Project Roles are simply ignored for this user. For JSW, we see entries are actually removed from the "AO_60DB71_BOARDADMINS" table. Thus JSW is unable to restore the admin privileges.
See this KB article: