As a Product Owner
I want to assign stories to a Scrum Team from either Portfolio or JIRA and see it represented in both Portfolio and JIRA
So that I can see the same changes in both tools, depending on who I am talking to and in what context.
The following is currently possible with the Portfolio Team field:
- you can create Shared teams in Portfolio and assign an issue to a team
- It is also possible to Edit an issue in JIRA and change the Team field to one of the shared team.
- It appears in the People section of the Browse Issue view.
- You can add the Team field in the Card Layout on a specific board
Therefore the functionality is almost there but the following is not possible:
- Add the Team field in the Issue Detail View (right pane when you click on an issue in the board)
- Chose the Team field in gadgets in the Dashboards
- Filter board content by Team when using the Agile Board Filter plugin
- Create filters using the Team full names (it substitutes values with IDs) although that's a minor inconvenience.
My main issues are the Issue Detail View and the Dashboard.
As a workaround, you might use the Advanced field editing - JSON option to define the value of the Team field. The Edit Issue fields action will then look like below:
For the trigger, the event "Issue updated" and using the "Advanced compared condition", the value below can be used to test if the "Team" field was updated:
PS: this is just an example, you must see how the fields are set in your Jira cloud site and adjust it accordingly.