Adding an epic in the epic link field for which the user doesn't have "edit issue" permission results in an error
Steps to Reproduce
- Create 2 projects with 2 different permission schemes(say Project A & Project B)
- now in the permission scheme restrict the "edit issues" permission for a few users/groups on Project B.
- Create an issue of type "Epic" and mark it as done in Project B
- Try to create an issue in Project A as a user who doesn't "edit issues" permission in Project B.
- in the epic link field try to select the Epic that was created in the project B and click on "create" button
the issue should be created without any errors or warnings.
the below exception appears in the atlassian-jira.log
2021-03-29 16:03:22,694+0530 http-nio-48133-exec-21 ERROR testuser 963x2284x1 ydhntm 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [c.a.j.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService] Error creating issue:
com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: You do not have permission to edit the following issues: PB-1, PROJ-1.
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy318.create(Unknown Source)
and an error as mentioned in the screenshot.
It was observed that these issues are being created however not being searching using JQL