Jira Data Center 8.14.0 introduces this new functionality, so that e-mail templates are stored at Jira's Shared Home folder.
On environments using Windows, the path to the Shared home will be specified like \\path\to\shared_home and Jira tries to complete the path to the e-mail templates using '/' instead, so it is unable to find the files there.
- Install Jira Data Center 8.14.0
- Create an e-mail subscription for a filter
- Wait until it's triggered
Jira will successfully send the subscription notification
Jira will send the notification with a "Could not locate resource" text.
At the application logs, Jira will throw a warning stating that the required template was not found:
Disable new functionality:
- Edit the file <JIRA_INSTALLATION_FOLDER>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-features.properties
- Look for the setting called com.atlassian.jira.email.templates.readFromJiraHome and set it to false, as shown below:
- Save the change made to this file
- Restart Jira
- Jira will use bundled templates instead of custom ones from <Shared_Home>