Status: Gathering Impact (View Workflow)
Severity 3 - Minor
Attaching a image using the "What you see what you get" panel in the comment section does not update the file name attached.
Upload image001.png then check out the text mode in the comment, it points to the correct image which is image001.png, but when uploading another image with the same name image001.png the image uploads correctly with the new name image001-1.png but the comment does not get updated and remains with the original name of the image which is image001.png which is an incorrect behaviour as the comment should be updated to include the new name of the picture which is image001-1.png.
Steps to Reproduce
- Attach picture attachment in the "What you see what you get" panel in the comment section (Example image001.png)
- Post the comment
- Check the comment in "Text" Mode, it should be
- Now create a new comment and upload another picture with the same name (image001.png) from the "What you see what you get" panel in the comment section.
- The image is uploaded with the name (image001-1.png), which is the correct behaviour as this was fixed in Jira 8.6 and above (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-2169)
- Check out the comment in "Text" Mode, it shows
which is incorrect.
When checking out the comment in text mode after uploading the second image, the comment should be
to show the correct picture attached.
When checking out the comment in text mode after uploading the second image, the comment shows
which is incorrect because it shows the first picture attached not the second picture.
Currently, the workaround for this issue is to use the "Drag and Drop" feature to add the image then choose the image from the "What you see what you get" panel in the comment section.
To use the "Browse" feature from the attachment Section in the ticket then choose the image from the "What you see what you get" panel in the comment section.
You could also manually edit the image name from the comment in text mode.
Note that you can find both those features from the section shown in the picture below:
- relates to
JRASERVER-2169 Jira does not differentiate between attachments of same name in comments while it does in attachment section
JSDSERVER-6809 When attaching an image using within the email body, the comment shows an incorrect image and end up with two different images
- Long Term Backlog