JVM Code Cache memory check is failing in ATST version 1.23.1 with JDK 11 (Open JDK or Oracle)
- Install Jira 8.5.3 with JDK 11
- Start it
- Upgrade Troubleshooting and Support Tools plugin to the latest (1.23.1) version
- Clear catalina.out log file under <JIRA_INSTALL>/logs directory because the health check may be responding to outdated messages there
- Navigate Administration > System > Troubleshooting and Support Tools > Instance Health to check the warnings
It shouldn't show any warning messages for an empty instance because the default size of ReserveCodeCacheSize parameter is 512mb which is quite sufficient.
It shows a warning message like below:
Possibly related: change since Java 9 JEP 197: Segmented Code Cache
Divide the code cache into distinct segments, each of which contains compiled code of a particular type, in order to improve performance and enable future extensions.
No action required. It's a false message. However, it still worths to search for CodeCache is full. Compiler has been disabled message in catalina.out file. If you see this message there;
- Increase ReserveCodeCacheSize by following Full Code Cache Size Causes Jira Server to Crash or Perform Slowly article
- Stop Jira
- Remove catalina.out log file
- Start Jira
- Raise a ticket to Atlassian Support in case of the same warning message.