Typing a text at the comment field using the "Add Comment" Hyperlink from the notification mail and changing between the 'text/visual' tabs will cause a loss of entered-but-not-saved text.
- Go to any issue and trigger a notification.
- Go to the Notification received by email and click on "Add Comment" hyperlink.
- A new browser tab will open with the BASE_URL/#add-comment anchor.
- Write a comment and click on the visual tab.
- Jira will simple lost the entered text.
- This time, if you copy the BASE_URL/#add-comment and paste it directly on the navigation bar on the browser, note the comment field will be displayed with the visual tab selected and if you type a text in the comment field and change the tab to text one, the browser will try to reload the page, asking to choose between "Cancel" or "OK". Any option you choose will reload it, giving you a totally blank page.
Navigating through the tabs shouldn't cause text loss.
Navigating through the tabs cause text loss.
Currently, there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available