- Captcha appears warped and unreadable and chart gadgets that print graphics show garbled text and weird symbols when running JIRA in Linux
- Attempt to login with captcha activated or add a gadget like the Pie chart gadget.
- Captcha is readable
- Gadgets printing graphics and text have characters humanly readable.
- Apparently, system fonts.
- Workaround 1
- Install the following packages (usually the fonts are enough but it is recommended to also include Ghostscript and Motif):
- Workaround 2
- It has been reported that, when already having the previously mentioned font packages, other font packages seem to interfere, specifically it has been mentioned that having installed lyx-fonts (Lyx/MathML fonts - A collection of Math symbol fonts for lyx) caused this issue, and removing the package solved it.
- This bug ticket has been raised due to JIRA requiring something to work that is not included in the installation package nor in the documentation as a requirement.
- Linux RedHat