We have around twenty shared filters implemented now, and most of them are subtle variants on a base filter.
e.g. we have a filter called 'current unresolved issues' which is all unresolved issues in the release we are currently working on. We then have:
my current unresolved issues
my team's current unresolved issues
current unresolved issues due this week
current unresolved GUI issues
my current unresolved GUI issues
When we update the definition of 'current unresolved issues' (e.g. we change the 'fix for' field to the new current release) we have to go and update all of the 'sub'-filters.
There are two solutions that would help us here:
- have a notion of the 'currently active' releases, because then we wouldn't need to keep updating the filter.
- allow 'my current unresolved issues' to be defined as:
filter 'current unresolved issues' where user = currentUser