Editing the Assignee field via in line editing triggers issue updated event rather than issue assigned.
- Remove the users on the issue assigned event on the notification scheme, leaving the issue updated event.
- In line edit the Assignee field and assign it to an user
- Flush the mail queue
- Wait for the notification event on your mailbox
In line edit of the Assignee field should trigger Issue Assigned event.
Issue updated event is triggered rather than issue assigned event
- Disable In-line editing for Assignee field - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Disable+Inline+Edit+for+Assignee+Field
- Use the 'Issue Updated' event for notifications, as that event is triggered instead.
- Used to be fixed in JIRA 6.3.10 as per https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29328
- Observed in Bulk Edit Assignee operation as well.