When exporting issues that contain inward issue link, there is no column for Inward issue link in the export .csv file.
- Create issue A and B
- Link issue A to B (e.g relates to link)
- Search for issue A and B in issue navigator
- Export these issues by using Export Excel CSV/ CSV via the export feature
The CSV file should have both Inward issue link and Outward issue link_
The CSV file contains only Outward issue link
In https://<instance_name>/secure/admin/ViewLinkTypes!default.jspa, both Inward and Outward Description for Relates link are using relates to
- Export to Excel was deprecated and replaced by the Export to CSV function in Jira 7.2,so only the Export to CSV part of this bug is still valid.
- You can use REST API to extract the information and then convert the JSON format to CSV or a more user friendly format: How to export issues and their links via JSON instead of CSV.
- Full credit to amir.katz for this workaround.