Uploaded image for project: 'Jira Server and Data Center'
  1. Jira Server and Data Center
  2. JRASERVER-62859

Escaping special characters in JQL search doesn't work

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Suggestion
    • Status: Gathering Interest (View Workflow)
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
    • UIS:
      2
    • Support reference count:
      5
    • Feedback Policy:
      We collect Jira feedback from various sources, and we evaluate what we've collected when planning our product roadmap. To understand how this piece of feedback will be reviewed, see our Implementation of New Features Policy.

      Description

      NOTE: This suggestion is for JIRA Server. Using JIRA Cloud? See the corresponding suggestion.

      When you attempt to search for issues in JIRA with special characters ( - ) some issues are returned, however, not all issues are returned.

      How to Replicate:

      Create 5 issues:

      test-test
      test-1test
      test-1test-1
      test-25-test-2
      test-322-test-4

      Search for Search for summary ~ "test"

      The results come back and the only issue that is found is test-test

      The first issue is returned but the rest are not.

      Attempting to escape the characters with \ or
      per Search syntax for text fields does not work.

      A search for summary ~ "test*" returns the issues but also returns more results than the intended data set.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              Assignee:
              Unassigned Unassigned
              Reporter:
              bmcelveen Branden McElveen (Inactive)
              Votes:
              11 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              11 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated: