Custom field in JIRA 7 is not rendering HTML content instead it's showing the content of the HTML as plain text.
- Set up JIRA 6.4.12.
- Create a new project.
- Add a custom field with type Text Field (read only) and associate the custom field to the new project.
- Create a new issue at the new project - let's say issue ID is MOGA -1
- Insert the custom field value via REST API because this custom field type is read-only. The value needs to be in HTML format, for example:
Example REST API is:
- Notice that the value for the custom field on issue MOGA-1 - properly rendered HTML content. Refer to the Expected Result.
- Repeat the same steps on JIRA 7.1.8.
- Notice that the content of the custom field shows as plain text. Refer to the Actual Result.