Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 7.0.10, 7.1.8, 7.2.9, 7.3.7, 7.4.2
Fix Version/s: 7.6.6
Introduced in Version:7
Support reference count:111
Regular Expression:java\.sql\.SQLException: Protocol violation
Symptom Severity:Severity 2 - Major
Bug Fix Policy:
JIRA 7 is shipped with Oracle JDBC driver 22.214.171.124.0: ojdbc7-126.96.36.199.jar
Oracle Driver 188.8.131.52 throws error Protocol violation during connection to Database.
- JIRA 7.x
- Database Oracle 12c Enterprise Edition Release 184.108.40.206.0 or 220.127.116.11
- Setup JIRA and connect it to DB
- Add some data (we don't have this specific set of data)
- Run reindex
It works fine.
The below exception is thrown in the jira.log file:
May be related to Oracle Clob bug. See:
- Update Oracle driver from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 version.
- Using 126.96.36.199 will allow you to work around
which our previous instructions (upgrading to 188.8.131.52) would cause. JRA-61007