This occurs on the Dashboard when JIRA has migrated from the old pie chart gadget to the new pie chart dashboard item. If the pie chart gadget was previously displaying a saved filter and the pie chart gadget is upgraded, when the dashboard item is edited the filter's name will be lost.
- On the 'Manage add-ons' screen, within the 'Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin', disable the 'piechart-dashboard-item'
- Create a new saved filter
- Create a new pie chart gadget on a dashboard, and make that pie chart gadget display the saved filter
- Re-enable the 'piechart-dashboard-item' plugin to upgrade to the new pie chart dashboard item
- Refresh the dashboard to display the updated gadget
- Edit the pie chart dashboard item, and notice that the filter name has changed to 'filter-12345' under 'Project or Saved Filter'
The filter's name should be displayed instead of 'filter-12345'.
'filter-12345' is displayed under 'Project or Saved Filter' in the pie chart dashboard item's edit screen
The filter can be re-selected from the edit screen, which will restore it. Selecting 'Cancel' from the edit screen will re-display the pie chart, where the filter name can be noted down from the gadget title. Then select 'Edit' on the dashboard item again, and enter the filter's name.
Alternatively, the 'piechart-dashboard-item' can be disabled via the 'Manage add-ons' screen within the 'Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin', which will downgrade the pie chart dashboard item to the old version.