When a user sets the limit of issues to view or a group that can export unlimited issues as stated in this KB, JIRA fails to recognize this settings.
Adding the following to jira-config.properties should make the following changes:
- this is the max that will always show up by default when a user clicks export
- the group that can export an unlimited amount of issues in excel (the group cannot have a space in it due to this bug:
- The limit you can view in JIRA is still 1000 (JIRA then asks you to refine search as there are too many issues)
- Fix: Configure the limit directly from Admin > General Configuration > Advanced Setting.
- jira.search.stable.max.results to the limit you want.
- The limit users can export when the set the jira.search.views.max.unlimited.group is not respected with JIRA still exporting the maximum limit allowed by jira.search.views.max.limit as set in the jira-config.properties.
Lastly, if any of these values is set to "-1" which should allow unlimited search results and exports, JIRA simply ignores it.
Note that even if added via database, the jira.search.views.max.unlimited.group setting does not show up in the UI Advanced Settings.