Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 6.3.12, 6.4.1, 6.4.3, 6.4.6, 6.4.10, 6.4.12, 6.4.13, 7.0.10, 7.1.0, 7.1.1
Component/s: Import / Export [Deprecated]
Regular Expression:ProjectImportSummary.*?DataAccessException occurred while trying to create Entity type 'EntityProperty'
Bug Fix Policy:
While importing a project from a JIRA backup the import fails with the following error.
A few of the following errors can be found in the JIRA logs
Steps to reproduce
- Get a JIRA backup from an instance with at least 20 Issue entities for a single project. e.g. create 10 issues with JIRA Service Desk. Each will add 3 issue entities
- You can verify that with the following SQL query
- Import the project into another JIRA instance already containing data in the entity_property for the same IDs displayed in the query above
JIRA Should import the project without any problems, using the next ID available for the entity_property table
JIRA aborts the import as it tries to use the same IDs to add the respective Issue properties to the entity_properties table
As a workaround you can change the EntityProperty IDs directly in the entities.xml file of the backup.
- Find entity IDs to change for the project. Run this at source JIRA Insert your project key into this query:
- Determine the current MAX(id), run this at target JIRA:
- Modify the XML backup file, replacing the entity_property IDs with sequential numbers higher than MAX(id) from the entity_property table.
- Make sure you only modify XML nodes that begin with "<EntityProperty id=". If the entities.xml file is large you may need to use vi or another editor that can handle really big files.
- Complete the import
- Shut down the target instance
- Reset the sequence_value_item table for EntityProperty types, run this at target JIRA:
- Restart the target instance
See KB for more detailed steps and simplified option to modify the XML backup file: Project Import fails due to too many errors