When using the Default Reporter in mail, it will append the from address to the description of the issue as per the Creating Issues and Comments from Email docs:
- When an issue is created and this option is specified, the email message's From: field address is appended in a brief message at the end of the issue's Description field, so that the sender can be identified.
[Created via e-mail received from: "Captain Planet" <firstname.lastname@example.org>]
- Gmail SMTP/IMAP
- Google Web Client
- PostgreSQL 9.1
- Mac OS X 10.7.5
*Added on 9th July 2014:
- JIRA OnDemand
- Mac Mail Client
- JIRA 6.1.7 and 6.2.7 tested also affected.
- Add a new user, e.g.: defaultreporter.
- Create a mail handler with the following:
Strip Quotes: false
Default Reporter: Defaultreporter
Catch Email Address: email@example.com
Forward Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Create Users: false
Notify Users: true
CC Assignee: false
CC Watchers: true
- Send an email to that mailbox.
It creates the email and appends the "Created via e-mail received from" section.
It does not append those details.
Do try the following if you found the reporter to be having mixed case. It should only affect the earlier version.
To workaround this, change the reporter to lower-case to match the user, e.g.: defaultreporter.
But if this does not work for you, comment on this ticket on the JIRA version being used.
Update by rgee 9th July 2014:
There are some reported cases that it also affects the user that does not contain mixed case username. Tested able to replicate on my environment. Additional information being added onto this ticket.