Users in many situations do not want to have the prefix "CLONE - " in subtask's summary when they clone a ticket with its subtasks. Currently, the prefix are added to the subtasks' summary several times if a ticket with its subtasks is cloned several times. (Please see the attached screenshot to illustrate this issue)
- Steps to reproduce this problem.
- create a ticket, and let's say its key is [TEST-1]
- create 3 subtasks within [TEST-1] ticket; [TEST-2], [TEST-3], [TEST-4]
- clone [TEST-1] with its subtasks, and let's say this main ticket is called [TEST-5] with its subtasks ([TEST-6], [TEST-7], [TEST-8]).
- clone [TEST-5] with its subtasks, and let's say this main ticket is called [TEST-9] with its subtasks ([TEST-10], [TEST-11], [TEST-12]).
- clone [TEST-9] with its subtasks, and let's say this main ticket is called [TEST-13] with its subtasks ([TEST-14], [TEST-15], [TEST-16]).
- by this time, the summary of the subtasks of [TEST-14], [TEST-15], [TEST-16] will have a summary called "CLONE - CLONE - CLONE - blah..blah..blah.."
BTW, I can't clone the ticket [TEST-1] to have the ticket [TEST-13] because there are changes in the tickets [TEST-5] and [TEST-9].
Also, I can't remove prefix from jira-application.properties file because users still want to see the prefix "CLONE -" for main tickets, not subtasks.
Although Atlassian fixed
JRA-15164, they broke other people's purpose(JSP-81226, JRA-23868). Ideally, jira-application.properties should contain two separate properties to add the prefix for cloning issues: one is for main ticket and the other is for subtasks. In this way, both users' requests can be fulfilled. Could you add this feature in near future JIRA version?