XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Feedback Policy:
      We collect Jira feedback from various sources, and we evaluate what we've collected when planning our product roadmap. To understand how this piece of feedback will be reviewed, see An updated workflow for server feature suggestions.

      Description

      NOTE: This suggestion is for JIRA Server. Using JIRA Cloud? See the corresponding suggestion.

      When exporting the issues of a search to Word you have a predefined format which in essence if not very compact. You are assuming I need all the "operational" info about the issue, but in reality I may be exporting it into Word to share the "whats new" list or PRD with other users. I would be happy to not have all the uninteresting stuff:
      Status: ,Project:,Component/s: ,Affects Version/s: ,Fix Version/s: ,Type: ,Priority: ,Reporter:,Assigned To: Resolution:,Votes: ,Remaining Estimate: Time Spent:,Original Estimate:

      Suggestion: when I click on the Word link, a popup with list of fields comes up. I can un-check all the fields I have no interest in and that is it. you only export the fields I selected. This is very much easy to customize, as opposed to the "natural" way of making me do things which is going to some "configuration" page and changing the settings there. I also think it is very easy to implement, and at least for me the value is that I don't need to manually fix the word document....

      Workaround

      Please follow this KB page for a work around involving editing the .vm templates that may enable the change of the view output: Customise Word Export Template for JIRA

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                csmba hernan g
              • Votes:
                61 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                43 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: