Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Timed out
Support reference count:2
Bug Fix Policy:
When viewing an issue in a next-gen project, it's possible to log work (from the top right meatball menu) against that issue even if the issue type does not have an associated time tracking field.
This leads to confusing experiences for customers where work can be logged against an . issue but they cannot search for tickets based on worklogDate unless the time tracking field is retroactively added to the issue type.
- Create a next-gen project (JSW or JSD).
- Go to project settings > issue types/request types
- Find an issue/request type without the time tracking field
- Create an issue of this type
- Click the meatball menu top right and log work
You cannot log work without the time tracking field
You can log work without the time tracking field. You can see this in the Worklog feed.
If you are encountering problems searching for issues in JQL using the worklogDate, you can add the time tracking field to the issue type and the issues will then appear in JQL.