Strangely enough, this behaviour is rather odd, which makes the Development panel hidden.
- Create a Project
- Go to the Project Settings > Issue Layout
- Allow only the "Development" and "Releases Panel" on the "Secondary fields" section.
- Create an issue e.g. ABC-123, link either Bitbucket or Get the Github App linked to your Jira Instance.
- Make a commit or create a branch to the issue that you just created.
The commit or branch created should be shown on the issue view for that issue key
The Development panel is hidden from the issue view.
From observation, having only those two fields in the Secondary field section, doesn't render the show more button on the New Issue View, hence the Development Panel is hidden from the issue view. Likewise, I noticed add a System field compatible with the Secondary field will render the "Show more" link, only then will the Development panel be visible.
- Drag both the "Development" and "Releases Panel" from the "Secondary Field" section to the "Primary Field" section for the Development panel to be visible on the issue view.
- Add at least 1 System fields to the "Secondary Fields" section such as e.g. "Sprint", other system fields such as "Priority" won't work as this is still clearly visible in the "Primary field" section.
- Switching to the Old Issue View, you can be able to see the Development Panel