When importing to the Cloud, the import fails on the validation stage with this error:
This happens when there are Workflows with the same name in the Backup file. By right, workflows may not have the same name; Jira will not allow this through the UI. However, if the Workflow names has the same name but with different letter case, for example:
- "workflow 1"
- "WORKFLOW 1"
Jira will allow this to happen. However, generating a backup, and restoring this to a Cloud instance will fail on the validation stage.
- Create two Workflows, they may remain Inactive.
- Rename the first workflow as "workflow 1".
- Rename the second workflow also as "workflow 1".
- Proceed to rename the second workflow to "Workflow 1". This should go through.
- Now, generate a backup, and use this to import to a Cloud instance.
The import should go through, as Jira seems to allow the same workflow name but with different casing.
- This can also be resolved by not allowing the same workflow name but with different casing.
- This affects both, Cloud to Cloud, and Server to Cloud.
- There might also be occurrences where the duplicated workflow has the same name with the same casing, however, it is currently unknown on how it gets to this state.
Delete or Rename one of the duplicate workflow on the Source instance, generate a new backup, and use the new backup to import.