Performing a CSV export does not provide all issue links in the output.
- Perform a search or open a filter.
- Select Export to CSV from the export dropdown dropdown
- Select all fields
All issue links that show up in the issue view will be present in the CSV
The CSV only contains specific issue links.
I performed some experiments and found that by using the REST API, I could find which issue links showed up and why.
How are they created?
- InwardIssues are created by linking an issue using the "edit" screen. This is kinda bad because you cannot intuitively use the "+" sign next to the "issues" section when it doesn't have any issues in it. So this is the next-most-intuitive option.
- Outward issues are created by either using the "+" sign next to the issue links section of the issue view, or you can click the "..." button on the far-right top corner of the issue view and select "link issue" from the drop-down.
I also found that:
- InwardIssues will not show up in the CSV export.
- OutwardIssues will show up on the CSV export.
You will have to use the JIRA REST API to get all of the issue links from a give issue.