Status: Needs Triage (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 7.1.8, 7.1.9, Archived Jira Cloud, 8.2.4, 8.3.4, 8.5.1, 8.5.4
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Scheduled Tasks
Introduced in Version:7.01
Support reference count:123
Symptom Severity:Severity 2 - Major
Bug Fix Policy:
*******This Bug was recently observed in Jira Server 8.5.4 version******
Scheduled Jobs can be lost track when a database operation fails at the moment the job is claimed by the Scheduler.
This only affects a single-node setup in Server, as in JIRA Data Center the "recovery" job will bring back to memory the lost jobs.
- JIRA Server (Single Node - Non Data Center)
- JIRA Cloud.
- Schedule a Job.
- Introduce a breakpoint at CaesiumSchedulerService.executeClusteredJob
- Interrupt database connectivity.
- JIRA will lose track of the job until a restart is performed.
- JIRA will run the job under its schedule as soon database connectivity is resumed
This is the root caused behind the issue reported at
JSD-3653 but could affect any scheduled job in JIRA.