In JIRA 7.1.2 Issue Type icons are being added to the issue as an attachment when a user replies to the issue created email notification. This did not occur in JIRA 6.4.13 using same configuration.
- Create new JIRA instance
- Configure inbound and outbound mail server
- Create business project
- Add Create or Comment mail handler with settings noted below (default settings)
- Change user profile to notify of own changes
- Create issue in test project
- Reply to issue created notification
- During testing reply sent from Microsoft Outlook
- Attachment will appear on issue when reply comment is added
Mail handler settings:
Issue type image is not added at attachment. This is the behavior experienced in JIRA 6.4.13 using same mail handler settings.
This issue is related to the Microsoft Outlook client that is being used for replying the notification email from JIRA. It is tested with JIRA 7.x and Gmail to reply the notification email and the reply does not add any attachment.