Status: Open (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 6.4.11, 7.0.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Issue - Export
Support reference count:10
Regular Expression:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find Screen with id
Not able to delete any screens because one of the screen has an invalid fieldscreen ID. Customer is modifying the field screen id of a screen in the exported workflow xml (the particular screen is used in a transition). The customer deleted the workflow in JIRA and imported the modified XML. All other screen which were deletable (and no changes were made to their fieldscreen.id) are now non-deletable.
- Create 3 new screens (Screen A, Screen B, Screen C)
- Create a new workflow that uses Screen C on a transition
- Export the workflow to XML
- Delete the workflow in Jira
- Edit the XML and change the screen ID for Screen C to an invalid ID
- Import the XML into Jira
- Screen A and Screen B should be deletable. Any other screens which were deletable should have the 'delete' link and deletable.
- Screen A and Screen B are non-deletable.
The below exception is thrown in the atlassian-jira.log file:
The workaround mentioned in the Knowledge base article Workflow error: Cannot find Screen with id 'xxxxx'. Below is the summary of the workaround:
1. Search for the workflow with that screen ID with the below SQL:
2. In the column DESCRIPTOR, there will be a line that used the screen ID from the error, for example:
3. Shutdown JIRA.
4. Update the database to change the screen ID, for example:
5. Start JIRA.
If problem still exists after applying above steps, you may also need to repeat same steps to the jiradraftworkflows table.