I just recently noticed the new feature called "Click to edit". While I understand the need to quickly edit a field, I have two problems with this feature:
- Any click on any part of the text triggers this feature. Some people (like me) click on text to select and de-select it (mabye to copy it, or to just make it easier to follow the text while reading), or just to get the focus on the right window. People who do this will most likely end up in edit mode unwantingly (like I have done maybe 10-15 times already today).
- The feature is only configurable on a global level, when each user should be able to configure it individually.
My suggestions is this:
- Make this configuration possible per user.
- Give three configuration options:
- Full "Click to edit" functionality (as it works now)
- "Click to edit" using the upper right icon, while any click on the body text does nothing (This one would be my personal favorite)
- Completely disable "Click to edit"
I don't know what "Affects Version" to select, since we use Jira OnDemand or what's it called.