Very poor performance on the project picker dropdown when there are over 3500 projects.
- Deploy a new JIRA instance and install Portfolio.
- Use this script to generate 4000 projects, filling the values at the top prior to running it.
- Grab a coffee, this will take a while.
- Navigate to Portfolio > Create plan.
- Enter any plan name and hit Next.
- Switch to Project on the left dropdown then start typing to search for a project.
Project picker dropdown performs fast like the user picker.
All projects are loaded into the dropdown, taking a long time to render and being generally unresponsive.
- This slowness also happens on JIRA's issue search page, albeit less noticeably, as reported on